The VETU lifelong learning program (LLP) is intended for those interested in learning more about the Bible, growing in their theological understanding and being equipped for service in their church and wider society, but who do not wish or are not able to currenly undertake full-time theological studies. In the VETU/ETS lifelong learning program, anyone with at least a four-year high school diploma can take courses offered by VETU/ETS without enrolling as a student. LLP participants may register for one or more courses offered by VETU/ETS in any given semester, and participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of all the requirements of each course. If LLP participants should decide in the future to enroll in one of VETU/ETS’s accredited study programs, completed courses in the lifelong learning program may then be transferred into the accredited study program (up to 60 ECTS).
The LLP program may be a good fit for:
- Those already in Christian ministry who do not have the time currently to pursue full-time studies but want to study in a limited fashion to be better equipped for ministry.
- Christians who are otherwise employed but who want to enrich their theological understanding and become more equipped for Christian life and lay ministry.
- University students in other disciplines who would like to supplement their university studies with theological subjects, or prepare for eventual graduate theological studies.
- Young people who would like to more seriously study the Bible and theology without a commitment to full-time studies.
- Similarly, recent high school graduates who are looking for a “gap-year” of Christian studies before embarking on their university studies or employment.
What can LLP participants study?
Any VETU/ETS course may be taken as a lifelong learning course as long as any prerequisites are met. Participants wishing to take graduate level courses in the LLP must have completed an undergraduate college degree and any prerequisites for the subject of interest. Lectures may be delivered in either Croatian or English and translation will not always be available. Participants should check the language of instruction and make sure they have the language proficiency to participate.
When are lectures and is residency in Osijek required?
VETU/ETS runs a hybrid of in-person and online learning environments. There are three “intensive weeks” per semester of residential study in Osijek when LLP participants may attend lectures and meet professors. The remainder of the courses can be followed online via our Moodle learning platform: learn.evtos.hr For some courses, in-person lectures are also offered during the intervening weeks and LLP participants are also free to attend these.
What are the costs?
Because LLP participants are not enrolled for a full year of study, they pay only for the courses they are taking at the rate of 100 HRK per ECTS point. If LLP participants need housing during a visit to Osijek during one of our intensive weeks, rooms may be available at the prices listed at www.evtos.hr - About - Price list