The Osijek Institute for Mission Studies (OSIMS) is a platform for academic reflection on the missionary practice of Church and mission in the societies of post-communist Europe.
Our motto: build bridges for holistic mission along the Danube.
Like the many bridges across the Danube, OSIMS seeks to serve as a bridge between East and West, focusing on:
- Connecting evangelism and social involvement in holistic mission
- Spanning the gap between lay people in the church and pastors
- Linking theoretical reflection on and the practical involvement in mission work
- Highlighting the cross-cultural dimension of mission in a context with various minorities in Central and Eastern Europe
- Extending relations between Eastern Europe and Christianity in the global South
- Communicating the Gospel in a relevant way, that in Jesus Christ the gap between God and men is bridged
The research program of OSIMS focuses on two independent but interconnected areas: Missiological trends and issues in Central and Eastern Europe and Roma Church/Christian Communities.
Read more about OSIMS